Not a whole lot of progress has been made. Transmission is done & filled, so is radiator & power steering. I think i figured out my airbox, seems it will just clear the hood (the stock box) so im ok with it where it is. But i have to get it just right so the ductwork will clear a York, which is proving to be difficult. I had to remove my overflow bottle so i could make room, and also had to move my line lock, which meant i also had to re-do my OBA manifold as well. Now its looking like my remote oil filter will have to go behind the headlight, not sure where else it will fit. At this time i have absolutely no idea where my overflow bottle will go, i think im gonna try to get a small one that hangs off the radiator (wasnt that Taurus or Mark IV or something?) If it stops raining im going to try to get the oil filter set in place so i can get lines made to atleast fire it up, but its supposed to rain all day today and tomorrow so i might not get anything done. After that, im guessing another full week of work atleast before i figure out where everything else will fit, and how to install them in those places.
So here was the plan:
The airbox would fit there. I even moved the line lock towards the firewall, and replumbed the OBA manifold to do it. But, i realized today that wasnt going to work, and here's why:
There is no way i can fit the York there. The York has got to go there, and its got to lay down in that position, its the only way to get it to clear the hood with any room to spare.
So i devised this idea today:
Here's what youre looking at. 86 302 intake tubes coming off throttle body, to OEM 460 plastic intake crossover pipe thing which then goes to econoline 460 airbox tubing, and then the factory bronco/F-series airbox. Its a little longer than the factory design, but its the same diameter as stock & clears everything, including the hood. The charge cable for the alternator was already barely long enough, with the airbox there i will definitely need to lengthen it, but putting the airbox here will solve all my other problems.
Hopefully i can get that to work, but i probably wont mess with it till monday. If it does work though, it frees up all the room i lost on the other side, meaning i can put my overflow/washer fluid reservoir back, as well as leaving me room for my oil filter housing, and should leave enough room for when i eventually add a line lock to the front brakes too. So im really hoping i can make this work.
As for the oil filter, my remote filter brackets came. What i did not realize though, is that i need an oil filter adapter from an engine that did NOT have an oil cooler. Fortunately, the 302/351/460 all use the same one (the nipple threaded into the block), so if i can unscrew the one out of the 351, i can use that. If not, ill order one from Summit. Im hoping i can get mine out, because as soon as the oil filter is plumbed, i can start it!