So it tooks some time but its finally done. It goes like this:
Called my buddy Eric from EMS Offroad about getting a new axle. (for those that dont know why i needed a new D60, read this) He said he'd hook me up, and wed build something that shouldnt break. So thats what we did.
Its a brand new Currie Rock Jock center section. Ya know the one, with the diff cover rotated back, which coincidentally adds 3/4" of ground clearance, even with the little bolt-on skid plate. It uses two large pinion bearings instead of the smaller outer bearing, along with a bigger pinion seal.
The tubes are 3.5" DOM machined to fit the Superduty diff seals. Stock inner Cs & knuckles, with some plating in key spots. Cage's weld-on brackets, and of course a truss to help keep everything together. We kept the same caster angle i had, while rotating the pinion up 5º for a better dshaft angle.
I had to get a new long-side inner shaft, as well as the ring-side half of the ARB case, since that bent when the housing broke, altho everything else survived.
So now, onto the Pics!
....some of which suck, but hey, i think i did pretty good for a digicam with a broken lcd screen!
Lower coil mounts going back together
radius arms. Check that pinion angle! But the truss is closer to the xmember than it looks
new lower tracbar mount
axle is in! working on steering:
...and finally done!
check that awesome pinion angle
parked in the yard, ready to go wheelin!