So i pulled the front clip back off. The first cut to the fenders that i made, was the bare minimum to fit the cutoff flares. Now the plan is to remove two more inches, which is about as much as i can remove, and still be able to reinstall the original fender liners. So here we go!
Line drawn, and a whole ton of tabs cut
The process of bending them over begins:
All tabs bent, heres roughly what the fender will look like when the flare is removed
after a whole sh*tload of welding & grinding, both fender panels are now rewelded
This shows you how much more material is removed.
Made a template of the new wheel arch, and transferred it to the other side
A ton more cutting, bending and welding!
Finally got some primer on them the other day.
If all goes well ill be able to get the front clip reinstalled sunday, and i can then begin working on the fender liners. Theyre gonna need to be trimmed up a bit now that the wheel well is bigger. I also need to install rivnuts for the flares. Hopefully i can get both done by the end of next week, we'll see!