The list of things that change continues
The TPS sensor, while being physically identical, had a different plug for the SD trucks vs the Mass Air ones, so that must be changed.
SD on left, Mass Air on right
If you look closely, youll notice the 97 SD throttle body has two extra vacuum ports, where the CANP tied in. However the 96 Mass Air doesn't use a CANP, it uses a VMV, so those ports don't exist. Im still using the 351's TB, mainly because its in way better shape, so ive simply capped off those ports
The 96 trucks use a DPFE instead of an EVR for the EGR. On the 302s, the sensor is mounted on a bracket on the left side of the motor, right on the plenum.
The 351 has the DPFE hanging off a bracket directly next to the EGR, on the other side of the TB. So, only 2 threaded bosses:
While at first glance the 302 & 351 EGRs look the same, youll notice the threads on the bottom are quite bigger on the 351's EGR.
Homefab DPFE bracket, which puts the DPFE roughly where it would be from the factory. Ford had it maybe ½" lower than this, but close enough for me. On the 302 with the DPFE on the other side, the pigtail for it is loomed up with the IAC. So I simply split those two up and re-loomed them separately. This is the only change ive made to the harness, to go from a 302 to a 351.
Junkyard trans cooler out of an F250, biggest ive ever seen from the factory
Started laying out all the vacuum lines. Since this motor doesn't use a smog pump or TAD/TAB, this went fairly smoothly. I did find lots of dry rotted plastic lines, so the whole system has been replaced with new rubber hose
She's almost a runner!
I got the rear shaft back from the driveline shop. Shortened 1", and fully rebuilt with Spicer parts.
Things left to do: