Bought a piece of unequal angle (3x4) from the scrap steel yard to begin mockup for a bumper
So heres the rough idea:
Seems awfully small, but with the bed tilted, you can see its a tight fit
No room for a license plate on the bumper
Trimming the corners
Adding a piece of 2" plate to the bottom
Now its starting to look like something:
All done and ground
For lack of a better place, i put rivnuts in the tailgate, to hang the plate off it. This gate is beat up anyway, so not too upset about drilling holes in it
All done & painted!
While i was waiting for it to dry, i fixed my trailer wiring. Turns out Clips & Fasteners sells replacement pins for Ford Wedgelock connectors. Male + female, and both the large and small pins. They get crimped on using the same tool as weatherpaks do, which i already have. Since i had broken wires i cut all of them back to fresh copper and repinned all of them
So all thats left is to bolt it on, and its done!
Its a tight fit against the hitch:
Look closely, youll see the bumper brackets all but touch the hitch, and there is actually a vertical groove in the bumper to clear the hitch. Its tight!
The bumper is a little smaller than id prefer, but as big as i can make it. Overall i think its looks pretty good on there though. So thats two more items off the list! So next week i need to tackle the water/meth injection, move my CB antenna and then i think im done!