Picked up a battery the other day. Northstar AGM
So now its time to make battery cables!
Well, i also need to wire up the winch power, so im doing both at the same time.
I have a disconnect to kill the winch power, and next to it is a runva reversing contactor which im using for winch power instead of a bulky solenoid pack
The disconnect is a Blue Sea HD Disconnect. This bad boy is rated to 600a continuous duty! Shouldnt have any problem handling the winch.
I bought military style connectors so i can use 3/8 lugs on my cables to connect to the battery:
...and finally, the money shot!
Winch is fully wired, the disconnect, power to the truck is done, everything is 100%.
The winch is wired 100% is 2/0 gauge cable, and i used 1/0 for the truck power. Should me more than enough for anything i throw at it!
Took me all day to sort out how i wanted to route everything, but im pretty happy with the end result.
So that meant the next thing to do, was to turn the key!
First thing i noticed was my empty fuel tank showing full, so i dropped the tank and disassembled and cleaned the sending unit.
With that sorted and properly working i figured i might as well try cranking the motor over. Hasnt run in a few years so i figured id run the starter for 30 seconds or so, and get oil up to the heads. Verify fuel pump runs: check. Added gas to the tank and grounded the test pin to prime the system. So there was nothing left to do at this point but to just go for it. Well.....
...she's alive! Fired right up, and purrs like a kitten. Well, a kitten with no exhaust anyway!