Earlier in the month i built a set of extended shackles for the rear of the bronco.
Im extending them 2", so i cut some flat stock 6 1/4" long, by 1 5/8" wide.
Spaced out 2" from the OEM hole, welded it to the flat 'ear', and then hammer the other end over till it touches the body of the shackle. Then just clamp it and weld it up.
I tacked the plate to the shackle via the original bolt hole to hold it in place, and then once the sides were fully welded, plug welded the original bolt hole and ground smooth.
Small tabs made to fill in the gaps so the shackle still has the same ID, and its nice and beefy
After all that was welded & ground, i added in a brace in the middle to keep the ears from bending:
...and the finished product!
With the longer shackle i moved to the rear hole on the hangar, and now weve got a good shackle angle again:
So i did this in conjunction with moving the front spring hangar 3" backwards, installing new non-bent mainleafs, and removing my 2" AAL to get back to stock-ish springs. The end result was a success, as the rear suspension definitely works a lot better now.