OK, with the fenderwells gone and no way of ever going back in, i had to do something with the airbox. Well, the solution is the '86 box! Gets it tucked up over top of the d.side valve cover
Later on i intend to make a snorkel for it that pops thru either the hood or cowl, but for now this will work fine.
Then, while i had all that available room, i ditched my manifold for a set of shortys
But that is just one of many problems solved. Take a look at this; i cut the fenders back so much the heater box sticks out!
Since im not a whizz when it comes to bodywork, i ended up cheating, and going this route instead:
...and a coat of paint. Hopefully it will work out in the long run, we shall see!
From the inside; not much room left for anything!
And the d.side....i had to make a panel to fit around the bulkhead fitting+the ECM connector. Down the road i might move the ECM and re-do this section.
It looks like it sticks out, but youll notice it doesnt actually stick out any further than the firewall, so i think it will clear fine.
So, with that done, i could start putting more stuff back under the hood. For starters, here is the new location for my overflow tank, and my remote trans filter:
Got the electric fan reinstalled:
starter relay, mega-fuse for the 3G, and my relay box:
remote reservoir for the steering:
...and the OBA manifold
This gets the cab 99% done. it runs & drives, so that means i can shift my focus to the back half of the frame. To be continued!
Comments are closed.