Ok, before we get carried away let me apologize for the crappy pics; i broke the digicam and didnt get anew one until much later on in the swap so some of the early pics aint so good. Anyways, moving on!
Ok, so i got the neighbor to help me get the front clip up on the truck. Well, as it turns out, the bumper that i built around the 3"body lift no longer clears the fender! Well, im not one to sacrifice ground clearance, so i just cut the bottom of the fender off, and whatta ya know, it bolted right on!
Movin on up! Now weve got this
I figured at this point i could put the doors on, and get everything re-aligned
Looks kinda like a truck again, altho nowhere near what it used to be:
So, so previously i had moved the front-most body mount to the top of the frame rails, for tire clearance. Well this time i didnt want to hack up a nice clean core support, so i made a mini-body mount instead
...and the finished product:
Ok, so now that the front-clip is firmly set inplace, it was time to move on to the fenderwells. I figured that since i had to cut them up to clear the 42s with 11" of lift, than now that i was down to 8", id have to cut another 3 or so inches out. Well, i was pretty close. Take a look at this:
Not even close to fitting!
But, it helped me to figure out just where i needed to cut, so i made the first rough cut:
I also starting trimming the core support back a bit
Ok, so the next step was to make tabs, so i could weld the two halves of the fender back together
To say im 'trimming' the fenders is an understatement!
So with that done, i yanked the clip again, and get all the tabs bent over to begin the welding
Bushwacker's aint got nothin on me!
Cut back so far the badge will have to be moved!
Ok, to the driveway! Now, i dont own a mig or tig, so i had to do this the only way i could....with 1/16 6013 rod:
Wasnt real pretty, but it got the job done
So then i grabbed a couple cans of paint, and rattled it one color so it didnt look so damn bad
...and the 'finished' product, reinstalled on the truck:
From there i rattled the rest of it, so now i have a single-color cab again!
Stay tuned because theres more coming!