Ok, Phase Two. I need a cab! Im not into being exposed to the elements 24/7, nor do i have any place indoors to store this thing, so building a buggy is out. Im not really into the Ranger cab idea (not yet, anyway), and i got this for free, so this is what im running!
1990 F250, 2wd, 302, 5spd. The wiring harness couldnt possibly be any more different from mine than it already is!
So, the red interior and the wiring harness has got to go, so i stripped this one down to bare metal, too.
Ok, so now, i need to get this thing from this frame, over to mine. Well, with it stripped down this far, two of us were able to pick it up, carry it over, and set it down right where it needed to go!
So that gets us here:
So while the a-pillar body mount bolts right up, the b-pillar mount does not. On the broncos the mount is outboarded, but on the f-series it is inboarded. I considered making the stock F-series xmember work, but decided it would require too much work to adapt it, so instead i just made a whole new one.
After taking a whole bunch of measurements a whole bunch of times, i ended up with this:
I removed the stock body mount bracket, drilled the holes out to 1/2", and bolted it up in the same spot
So this gets the cab right at stock height. Thats right, i ditched the 3" body lift that ive had for years now.
So the cab is officially bolted to the frame!
Stay tuned, more coming!
Comments are closed.