big bronco update
B-pillar body mounts reinstalled
Some rust repair on the frame
had to do both sides
The frame had a small tweak in it, from trimming it for the p/u tank. Not too bad, after 1o years! But I figured nows the time to do something about it
Then I went back, and added a lip the the notch to strengthen it, as well as weld everything together
Chopped off all the crap ive welded to my frame horns over the years
Next project on the list, fix trans leak.
Drop frame to wheel dollys
pull out doubler
Fix leak, put back in.
Then yesterday I pushed it out on the dollys into the driveway to wirewheel & rattle can the frame. While the paint was drying I built this, so I could use the come-along to winch it back in later
Today im going to install my new poly gas tank, then make leads up for my winch so I can use that next time I need to winch the truck into the garage.
I have a poly body mount kit sitting in the garage, and new body mount hardware should be showing up today. So, weather permitting, the tub goes on the frame this Tuesday! After that I need to take down the big tent, and then im taking a week or two off on this project to get some stuff done in the house and around the yard.
Comments are closed.