This is the stock bed bolt. This is the only one that came apart, all the others got destroyed. Im not reusing them anyway.
Instead i used a small wire cup brush in a die grinder to cut a nice round hole in the bed liner. Then used said die grinder to open the hole up a bit, and slid a piece of 1" pipe down in there to beef the area up. The other side the bed is messed up, so its not nearly as clean a job.
Conveniently a 3/4" SAE washer fits the hole perfectly. Currently have 3/4" bolts down thru, but i have Gr8 carriage bolts on order.
Both hinges done!
Had to cut off the exhaust, no chance of everything fitting under there with that massive muffler
Frame-side hinge for the hydraulic scissor
Bed-side hinge installed. Thought i had a pic of it before installation but i guess not.
I made sandwich plates to back up the bed xmembers so they cant crush in
The hydraulic scissor
...and installed! This was a huge PITA to do by myself
Hydraulic pump installed on frame rail
Building the wiring harness for it. Its power up, gravity down. Its a pretty simple system, and it came with plenty of wire to do the job.
200a circuit breaker installed on fender. Its power source is below it; a 300a winch relay, that i use for my remote winch wiring. So, flip a switch on the dash to energize system, and then flip switch to run dump bed. This way i only have live power lines running down the frame rail when its in use.
pump all wired up!
Not pictured is the installed hydraulic hose. Need to figure out if i can cut it down, or make tabs to hold it up cuz its so long it lays on the driveshaft!
Comments are closed.