progress on several fronts
Progress has been made!
First up, i got my air-fuel ratio gauge installed. I removed my a-pillar trim, removed the gauges, and removed my standalone harness for the gauges
Wiring harness dissected, and A/F gauge wiring added! Since its a gauge from NVU the wiring is basically the same. So i spliced in the power, ground & illumination wires, and only had to add a single wire to the harness- the +5v reference from the wideband controller. So overall a pretty easy job to do.
The Glowshift pod fits pretty good actually, but i did trim the top slightly where the windshield trim fits up against it, so it would fit a little tighter. Just some minor work with a razor knife, nothing major. I also took the time to lay out where the original trim screws go, so i could use the OEM screws to go thru both the pod & the pillar so no extra hardware to remove, and it actually looks pretty clean.
So, that's done, moving on. I got my new ECU from Stinger Performance, the PimpX!
It comes with a bunch of stuff, including a pretty in-depth 30-something page PDF, which i printed off for a reference since the wifi in my garage sucks. They actually want you to open it up, so here we go!
If youve ever been inside your ECM/PCM, then you know it looks nothing like this! This is a 100% custom-built ECU based off the Megasquirt III. It has a bunch of jumpers you need to install in the board to configure your unique setup. They intentionally dont install any just so you have to go thru it and do it yourself, which i actually kinda like since it forces you to set it up exactly for your vehicle. In my case, its only a couple jumpers since im still batch-fire, Speed Density, and running the stock TFI & ignition compnents. It supports a ton of stuff like sequential EFI, coil-on plug, boost switches for forced induction, narrow or wideband O2 sensor(s), it has its own electric fan controller....the list goes on. Im still reading thru the PDF, but im pretty sure i know how im going to configure mine.
It uses its own built-in MAP sensor so i have to delete the OEM one, and run the supplied vacuum line from the intake right to the ECU. Also, i am going to be using a wideband O2 in place of the factory narrowband (which gains me self-learning programming), which means i only needed 1 o2 bung in the exhaust, and i will have to tie the wideband controller's output into the oem signal wire from the original narrowband sensor. I think this is the only modification i need to make to the wiring harness tho, everything else should just work like stock. I still have more reading to do on this, so there will be more updates on this over the next couple weeks.
Heres the big one though:
The motor is done!
All ive got to do is install the motor mounts & flexplate, and sometime next week she's going back in the bronco!
Comments are closed.