This was the scene earlier in the week
...when i started to wire up these!
KC's Cyclone V2 rock lights!
I have wanted to put a set of rock lights in for years and never got around to it. Im glad i waited as long as i did though, because this kit is awesome.
It comes packed with 6 lights:
Up close, theyre nice pieces:
It comes with a pretty nice install kit too:
Amongst some of the hardware are these M8 button heads to hold the lights in place. I elected to use rivnuts instead of the lock nuts, to make the install easier:
Up front, im just outside the core support body mount:
In the middle, Im on this body support just outside the frame. Im not thrilled with the way its mounted, but it puts the light where i need it
And then for the rear, im in the rearmost body structure, just behind and outboard of the shackle hangar:
As for the wiring, i only used part of their kit. The wiring itself is nice, but a bit short for a fullsize rig. Would work fine for a short wheelbase rig like a jeep or zuk. Anyways, i was able to use their harnesses for 5 of the 6 lights, and then i ran my own wires for the 6th since it was too far away. I did use their fuse holder though. I kind of liked the idea of having a separate fuse for each of them just in case i damage one, and it simplified the wiring under the hood:
They want you to power this directly from a switch in the dash, but i had a spare relay in the aux fuse box i added under the hood, so i used that to power everything
Conveniently, i also already had a spare set of wires run to the dash to trigger said relay, so it was just a matter of adding another switch to the dash, and connecting the existing wires
That stuff is boring though, lets see how they look!
Im diggin it!
Its kinda funny how the taper of the rear bumper causes it to cast that hourglass shape out back, but theres nothing i can do about that. I think this is gonna work out great, i guess we'll find out next time we're on the trail after dark!
Fixed the center console!
The hinge was mangled, so that was an easy fix. Still gotta find a latch as i dont have one.
Pulled the passenger door panel off to see why the window wasnt working
Predictably the gearbox was blown, so that got rebuilt
It was at this point that i realized the doorlocks didnt work from either door.
Did some troubleshooting and found out that both actuators are shot
While i was waiting for new actuators to show up i decided to put some sound deadener in the doors
New speakers for the doors:
...And for the back too
So from there i pulled out the vintage tape deck...
...which revealed this stellar job...
...which is now fixed!
Unfortunately thats about all i got done. I forgot to order an install kit for the head unit so that didnt get installed, altho i now have both that and a new set of door lock actuators on the workbench. This week is spring break, so instead of working on this im hanging out with the little dude. So we'll get back to this thing next week. I have an evap code (31) i need to sort out. The code is EVP below minimum voltage which is weird because the EGR & EVP are new, so maybe i messed it up when i installed it, or its defective, or theres some other issue. Ill look into it next week.