dump bed done!
So the dump bed works pretty awesome!
You cant really tell, but theres a yard of stone in the bed.
I didnt shoot any vid of it dumping, didnt think of it at time, was more concered with watching it, since a yard of stone is ~2600lbs. ive used it a couple times now, it is super awesome.
The green tailgate presented a problem though. It was a necessity as my original tailgate got smashed, but its bowed pretty badly, and i was losing stone on the way home. So, i dug out a shell ive had kicking around, and decided to see what i could do with it.
This one was also green, so i sanded it and then rattled it with some red primer, then sanded again
Starting to lay color. Again, all rattle can as i dont own a spray gun, and wasnt going to buy one, just to spray a tailgate
Couple coats of clear later, starting to look better
Some more wet sanding and some wax, and this i what i ended up with:
Not too bad for rattle can, if i do say so myself!!
Hardware from my gate going in:
...and the finished product!
Considering its all rattle can, i think the end result ended up pretty good, even tho its slightly off-color. its still way better than green, and this gate is actually straight!
So from here i moved on to two other projects.
#1, front brakes!
Power Stop carbon-ceramic pads, and their rotors as well. Havent driven it yet, we'll see tomorrow if they work any better than the crap Autozone brakes that were on there before.
#2, bumper mods.
I really couldnt bring myself to drill 4 holes in my shiny new tailgate, so i had to find a different place to put the license plate. So here we go! Take this:
and fit it here:
Being inset, it clears the hitch with plenty of room!
then i drilled some holes
...and reinstalled the OEM plate lamps, after i painted them to match the bumper:
Hopefully this is the last of the work to this thing for the year, as my other projects are piling up!