Got my replacement wheel bearing hub tuesday:
Got it all cleaned up, painted, modded for the 5/8" wheel studs, and installed!
Finished cleaning, painting, and reassembling my draglink:
As you may recall, my tierod has a few bends in it:
So, i got a new piece of tubing tuesday as well, and started tapping it!
Both done and installed!
Of note though, is that the steering ram is not yet connected. Thats the next project, which i hope to make some progress on this afternoon.
I started the reassembly of the D60.
Greasing kingpin bearings:
Springless Kingpin caps from PartsMike:
Yukon's Hardcore 35 spline locking hubs:
and the passenger side is now complete
This is as far as i got on the driver side:
I picked up my wheel bearing hub, and the outer race fell out! Looks like the wheel bearing hub is shot, so im now sourcing a replacement.
So since im dead in the water on the D60 i moved to the D70, but all ive gotten done, is the removal of my old, very beat, lower shock mounts
So i guess the next step will be to weld on new lower shock mounts, and then mock up my new caliper mounts. I have a line on a replacement wheel bearing hub for the front, which i hope to pick up sometime next week.
Radius arms out:
The bushings were toast
...and i decided to paint them. Color matched to the truck, which probably wont even be noticeable underneath it, but oh well
Both arms are reinstalled; no pics.
Thanks to COVID, my steering kit is still backordered. Shocks are still backordered. Kingpin caps will show up tuesday, and my new rear caliper mounts are in a truck somewhere in CA, so maybe theyll show up at some point. So not much i can do, until some parts actually arrive.