Here's some video from the one day we got out wheelin during the East Coast Bronco Roundup. Another rainy day at Rausch Creek, it seems this is starting to become a trend!
So with the tcase & trans full of fluid, we fired it up to go for a test drive.
The second i rolled the window down, the driver window motor gearbox broke:
...and on our way home the 32 year old motor mounts gave up the ghost and the fan ate the fan shroud
So i rebuilt the window motor gearbox and got new motor mounts installed while i waited for the shroud to show up
So that done i took it for its second test drive.....
....and theres something wrong with the transmission.
The shifts are at weird places, and it was making noise going in/out of 2nd.
I went over to the trans shop and the tech jumped in with me and he agrees, so im dropping the bronco off wednesday morning so they can look at it. Thankfully it has a warranty, but this still sucks because im betting its coming back out.
So while i was messing with the '90, the engine in the '96 started squeaking.
So bizarre. Im not going to waste your time with the troubleshooting, but it wasnt the accessory drive.
Long story short, the distributor bearing was bad, and the shaft was rubbing against the housing and squeaking. You can see what looks like iron dust inside the distributor in the above pics. New distributor ordered, and installed:
It got a full tuneup while i was there. This time i bought Blue Streak 9mm wires, which include their own wire retainers, and boot sleeves if you have headers which is kind of cool
They have a ton more insulation on them than Ford Racing 9mm Wires. Beefy!
So that takes care of the '96, lets get back to the '90...
So lets see, we were working on the '90 Bronco.
The tuesday after we came back from vacation i picked up the E4OD:
transmission is in:
transfer case & driveshafts are in:
original starter is cracked...
...so i decided to upgrade to the PMGR starter:
wiring for the starter redone:
and the starter is in:
....which means she's done!!!
So i put together a video going over, in detail, how we installed and wired the Autometer oil pressure and transmission temperature gauges in our '90 one-ton Bronco Project: